Monday, June 4, 2012

Disclosure - Control (Joe Goddard Remix)

With their new EP out today on Greco-Roman, Disclosure serves up the last track on their EP. But it is the remix that I really love. So far, I loved Boiling, What's In Your Head http://jackhadagroove.blogspot.ca/2012/05/disclosure-whats-in-your-head.html and Lividup. I was surprisingly not feeling "Control" which features the vocals of Ria Ritchie. That was until I heard this magnificent remix by Hot Chip's Joe Goddard. Amazing.


Joe Goddard is a member of Hot Chip, as well as one half of the 2 Bears (Raf Rundell being the other half). They had a show called Follow the Bears on Ministry of Sound Radio. Goddard also does solo work. Here are some of my favs from each:
Directed by Peter Serafinowicz, Hot Chip's video for "I Feel Better" is what won me over. They are featured in the video as groupies of a boy band, but there are some strange events that transpire.
A cheeky song about Bear Hugs from the 2 Bears.
"Gabriel" featuring the vocals of Valentina is a true showcase of what Goddard can do as a solo artist. He is all kinds of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment